Reading about dieting can make me feel bogged down with information sometimes, so here’s my quick and easy plant based run down! Whether you want to go all in or just make small adjustments, there’s a tip to follow in here for you.
Why I tried a plant-based diet:
I started eating a mainly raw, plant based diet to help with bloating (a result of an inflammatory disease I have), reduce cravings (which I was having to the extreme), and to boost my overall mood and metabolism. I’ll be open and honest about this diet, it isn’t the easiest. It requires a strong will (yes, I have caved for some cheese and butter) and of course some meal prepping…
Quick and easy brekkies:
- Green smoothie: 1 cup kale, 1 cup spinach, 1 medium banana, 1.5 cups vanilla almond milk.
- Avocado on wheat toast with a dash of chipotle powder.
- Fruit bowl with watermelon, mango, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries
Six easy-peasy go to recipes:
- Oven roasted cauliflower, asparagus, and bell peppers (350 degrees, 20 minutes)
- Cauliflower steaks (400 degrees, 15 minutes) with jasmine rice and baked sweet potato.
- Pan roasted brussel sprouts, asparagus, garlic, and red bell peppers. Served with quiona.
- Sauteed mushrooms and onions with avocado in a flax seed & oat whole grain tortilla.
- Quinoa with spinach and strawberries.
- Chickpeas with cucumber and cherry tomatoes.
Best places to eat out:
- Chipotle: cilantro lime rice has my heart.
- b.good: the spicy avocado lime bowl is my go to.
- dig inn: too much farm fresh yum to even describe. Trust me, just go.
If this lifestyle isn’t for you, here are the foods I cut out that I believe made the biggest difference
- fried food
- processed snacks (chips, candy, etc)
I hope this was easy and helpful! I really did see a noticeable difference in my mood, energy, and overall wellness which is why I’d completely recommend testing it out, even if it’s just for a cleanse!